Monday, June 21, 2010

Cramming it in!

Normally, I am a sit on my butt, read, sleep, eat sort of vacationer with a little activity intermixed. The past three days, however, Jake and I have been the ultimate tourists, cramming in as much of Sydney as we can in our limited time here. I already described mot of our first day so I will pick up where I left off.

Yesterday morning started off with a trip to the Sydney Aquarium, which was "quite nice" as people say often around here. Then we grabbed a train and a bus for Bondi Beach. That was actually one of my favorite spots. It is a beautiful beach and we were able to walk all around to see the views and grabbed some fish and chips to eat on the beach. We then headed back to main part of the city and hit the Australian Museum for some Natural History. I have to say that by that point in the day...I was completely toast! It was a great museum, I think, but mostly, I was just hoping to go take a nap. After some down time, we forced ourselves out for some sushi for dinner. This morning we were the ultimate tourists! We were picked up by a tour bus for a day in the blue mountains. What a beautiful place! We literally saw it all! The best part of the tour though was our bus driver. He literally talked ALL day. I learned a ton about Australia though and much I am sure I didn't need to know about our driver's taste in music, night life, etc. Let's just say he did play "Hungry Eyes" at one point (one ofthe few points that he wasn't talking). THe day ended with a stop at the 2000 Olympic Games Park, which was cool to see. Then it was a ferry ride back into the main part of Sydney and then dinner in The Rocks section of town.
Tomorrow morning we fly to TOwnsville, where I won't have much to blog about, as I plan on reading, sleeping, and eating for a few days!

No comments: