Sunday, October 5, 2008

Updated Home Project Pictures and others

I thought I would update the blog with some pictures of projects we have been working on. I was waiting until I had finished things, but let's face it, it is going to take too long to finish it all.

This is a dark picture but here is our green kitchen. We just did one wall but I am entertaining the idea of painting one more. I love this color, it is called Happy Camper. :)

Here is our bedroom. I still need to put up some art on the wall above our bed, but I am happy with the way the color turned out.
I started on a garden this weekend. All I need to do now is plant some seeds and hope i can get them to grow. I am going to plant asparagus and some herbs I think. Apparently, they can take the cold so it is a good time to plant them (don't I sound like I know what I am talking about?). If it weren't for my neighbors, I would not be doing this. They are teaching me everything I know.
Here is my red room! It is our office and although it is a small room, it doesn't seem to dark to us. We really like it.
We refinished our deck this past week. I think it looks so much better than it did. It had a paint-like stain on it before that was totally peeling off. I like that you can now see the wood.

The rest of the pictures are just some we have taken over the last few weeks.







Ben loves to read books. He often reads them with lots of passion and volume.

Sunday proved to be just too much for Ben. I think it is time for a nap.

Obviously, Ben is a fan of mashed potatoes.

This past week was an Open House at the fire station in town. Kids could try their hand at putting out a house fire if they wished. Here is Lucas' attempt. He actually moved the whole house in the process. Of course the flames were just wood painted to look like fire, but i am sure painted wood flames are pretty dangerous too.



4 comments:

Coleen said...

Love the pics! (Although, I did worry that I was seeing a pic of a grave you'd dug for someone/something before I read the garden plot caption!)

Rach said...

Ha! I totally thought the same thing when I was digging up the grass. I thought maybe I can moonlight as a caretaker at the cemetery up the hill.

Jill said...

I love all the colors you have picked! What ever happened with the New York Times reporter?
Good luck with the asparagus! Hope the first day of subbing goes/went well too.

Sarah said...

Great colors Rachel. Your house looks so nice! Those photos of you with the boys are cute too :)