Sunday, September 28, 2008

crazy busy weekend!

I am writing this from my freshly painted red office (it still needs one more coat)! Yes, I finally have my red room. Of course I chose our smallest room to paint red but I really like it. I think once it is put together it will not be so shocking to those not so in to bold colors. My house (at least the main floor) now looks like a tree in autumn. You can stand in our living room and see a brown wall, a green kitchen, our pumpkin spice bedroom, the goldish tan walls of the halls and most of the living room, and now our red office! There is a them to my madness although the theme didn't come together until after I painted everything but the office. In my head this justifies the madness of all my painting. :) I will have to post pictures once things look more put together. I keep saying that and then I start another project.

Jake and I have started to move on to the outside of the house now. Yesterday, Jake spent most of the day power washing the paint/stain off our deck and then sanding it. We will be staining it once all these thunderstorms pass. Next weekend, we will be clearing some of our yard for my very first garden! Hopefully, I will have asparagus, some herbs, and maybe some onions this fall! I have very high hopes for someone who the only plant I have kept alive for longer than a month is a good luck plant! My neighbor is giving me some guidance in all this so hopefully I will have better luck!

We had dinner with our neighbors again last night. Lucas and their son seem to get along pretty well for the most part, which is nice. We are so thrilled to have such great people around us. We are definitely enjoying getting to know them.

This weekend was also the inaugural Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 5K in South Dakota. I dragged my larger than necessary behind out the door this morning to run in hopes of starting a running trend in my life again. For not running regularly for a few months now, I was able to run a personal best time for me (nothing impressive to anyone who runs), so I am now motivated for the moment to run again tomorrow. I must admit the fact that I have to wear a bathing suit in December when we go to Mexico is some motivation to keep running as well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You need to post some photos of your house!!! I love painting fall colors. My house is mainly chocolate brown, red, and gold. I love warm colors. I'm so jealous to hear about you running! I'm taking a nine month break from it and I already miss is SO much! After trimester one is over I'll start walking, but it's just NOT the same. I'll have to live vicariously through your blog :)