Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Art of the Stand Up Pee

I just finished trying to teach Lucas how to try and pee standing up. I brought out books for him to stand on since he doesn't quite clear the seat and a stool is too high. I even put Cheerios in the toilet for him to aim at. I don't think he quite gets the mechanics of it all and all I have to offer is the hover method, not to be of good use to him. Let's start by saying I was not successful, I think this is one area Jake will have to cover. It brought a good laugh and I think Lucas is still wondering why I put his cereal in the toilet. He was very concerned.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We just had a similar lesson with Eliot. I let Tim show him how its done and I do have to clean the toilet once a day, but it beats having to accompany him every time. :)

Szarawarski Family said...

Rach, that's a great story... hope he's gotten over the concern for his cereal. :)

Rach said...

I just had to pot an update on this. Randomly and completely unprompted, Lucas said, "Hey Daddy, look! I can pee standing up!" Apparently, you don't have to teach these things. It must be one of those skills boys come with. If only we girls had the same skill set!