Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Update

It was another busy weekend for us. We had a long to do list and completed just about all of it. I painted an accent wall in our living room, Jake finished the window casings and the baseboards in the bathroom in the basement, we hung some curtains, and took a marathon shopping trip. The boys were incredible as they endured a 2 hour Home Depot trip and then another couple hours at a furniture store. I couldn't believe there was no melting down until the final minutes. We were able to find a couch and chair we really like! I will have to take updated pictures once they arrive. My next project is to paint our bedroom. I keep thinking I will stop and take a break from painting, but then a couple days go by and I get inspired to paint another room. Our house is going to look like a circus with every wall a different color by the time I am done. This is what happens when you wait so long to paint your walls. :)

On another note, Lucas continues to enjoy preschool. It is so strange to see him with this life apart from us. People told me it would be this way, that being around other kids would encourage Lucas to do this or that, but I truly didn't imagine I would notice changes so soon. For example, most of you know that he has had serious constipation issues. Well, this weekend we had a three day poop hiatus. I was really worried sending him to school yesterday, and actually entertained the idea of keeping him home because he was pretty miserable. When Jake went to pick him up, the teacher told him that Lucas went to the bathroom (first time during preschool) all by himself and pooped! I was thrilled to say the least. He seems to really be making progress toward getting over the fear of pooping. Thank God!

I have gotten a few questions about our church hunt. We didn't get to church this week since we were trying to get so much done before Jake starts teaching this week. Jake did however, meet another new professor who was raving about the United Church of Christ, Congregational Church. This is the church our realtor recommended to us and the one we visited when we were here looking for a house. Jake was told it has an amazing community, which is high on our list. We are going to try it this weekend.

I am getting to a point where I am really missing friends and community so hopefully this weekend we will make some progress toward meeting people. Again, I feel I have to get back out into the "dating" pool. Obviously it isn't dating, but it is that same awkward feeling of putting yourself out there and hoping you get a phone number or a connection with someone who potentially could be someone you spend more time with. Does this sound as creepy as I think it does? Hopefully you get my point. The point? I need to make friends. :)

1 comment:

Solecki Family said...

going to go out and hit on some moms eh?? You guys are missed...

B