Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Small Town Life

I am beginning to really like it here. I love that we have neighbors that we can do dinner with, neighbors who bring you fresh vegetables from their gardens, and who always seem to have time to chat for a minute. It is so different from our little street in Pullman with only 2 neighbors we rarely had a chance to talk with. I am already starting to read up on gardening so I can put one in next spring. We will see how many plants I can keep alive.

The boys seem to be enjoying this place as well. We can now consider going to the bank an event as our bank as one of those old tube things (technical term) where you put your deposit in a container and it shoots up into a tube and comes back with suckers. Nothing is better to Lucas than an outing that results in a treat. Also, only in a small town can you go to the post office and have the President of the university put you into your car seat! We were going back to our car and the President of USD was parking next to us. He heard me tell Lucas to wait on the curb a minute while this man gets out of his car. He then asks Lucas, "Why don't I help you open your door and get in?" Anywhere else this kind of question would have resulted in me wanting to beat the man down with a stick. Here, because I recognized who he was, it was just funny.

The only thing missing in this small town is family and old friends. Hopefully, we can continue to develop great relationships with people here, but if anyone is interested the house behind us is for sale!!!! Any takers????

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh Rachel...it does sound so good right now. I was just home for a little while, and I could definately go for some homestyle comfort.