Friday, September 12, 2008

Window Well Critters

We have been having problems with little critters falling into our basement window wells. Up until today, it has been LOTS of frogs and toads. Normally, after a rain Jake will check to see if any have fallen in and throw them back up into the grass. He loves this "chore" and has stated this is another reason it is a perfect house for him (not one of my top 10 reasons I like living here, go figure). Anyway, after dinner tonight, Jake pulled up Lucas' shade for some reason and found our first furry creature. Lucas came running up stairs saying, "Mommy, there is a passa in my window!" Once I figured out he was saying possum, and swallowed the vomit in my mouth (not a fan of furry rat like creatures in the slightest), I headed down to see for myself. Sure enough, there he was, a baby possum curled up in the corner (who knows how long he was in there). He had COMPLETELY shredded Lucas' screen trying to get out. I am not sure how we didn't hear it. Gross! Jake rescued it and sent it on its way, although it was pretty sluggish. So, what will we be doing this weekend? Looking for window well covers, that's what. I can not risk another one falling in and discovering it when Jake is not around. The children would see their mother committed for sure. Not a pretty scene.

No comments: