Monday, July 28, 2008

Painting Woes

There is nothing like painting in your underwear.

Hard at work with Daddy! Don't forget your protective eye gear!


Well, I finished painting Lucas' room. It was like Christmas morning when I got up today! I was so excited to pull the tape off the walls and see my artistry take shape. This "Christmas morning" was more like the year you asked for a Cabbage Patch Kid and got underwear- very disappointing. From far away, it doesn't look too bad, but up close you can see that the tape pulled some of the blue paint off the wall, leaving not so straight lines.

Ignore the huge Electrical box hole in the wall, that will be covered.
Not so bad from this far away.


I am going to try and salvage it but it is going to take a lot of work for another time. Retouching the paint just doesn't fit in to the plan for our "HGTV style" week of basement finishing. Jake and I have been playing Tag Team Home Improvement. I was down painitng trim and then after lunch, Jake went down to finish putting in the doors. He only has two more to go! Wish me luck as I prep Ben's room for paint and start painting doors!

7 comments:

Amy McNelly said...

Rachel, I LOVE it!! I've had my share of taping troubles too, but that's easily fixable. It will look great once you touch it up with a paint brush, and those stripes are SO cool! I hope Lucas likes it as much as I do. :)

A to the K said...

You are my design hero for even attempting stripes. So now that you have worked the kinks out, you can do my house... kidding!

Melanie said...

It really does look good from far away Rachel -- btw...we had book club tonite...missed you :(

Sarah said...

Rachel,
I'm totally impressed with the amount of blogging you've been doign despite you've been moving and painting! Wow! That room look great by the way. I love the stripes :)

Coleen said...

We had the same stripe woes in Max's room... bummer! But you'll be so glad you did it! It looks fantastic!

Jill said...

Rachel,
It looks fantastic! I love the color and the stripes look great.
Jill

Unknown said...

Rachel, you are superwoman. I can't believe how great things look already! That pic of Lucas helping paint is so dang cute.